Amazing Spring Vacations in Charleston, South Carolina
By Alexandra Jacobs
Taking a vacation in the spring can be beautiful and enjoyable when travelers make their way to the sophisticated and historic Charleston, South Carolina. This southern city is known for its charm, amazing cuisine, historical landmarks, unique shopping opportunities, and slow paced lifestyle. Visiting Charleston during the next spring break may be just the perfect opportunity for families to get away from their hometown and explore the beauties and wonders of this idyllic Southern city.
Photo by flickr user wensday01
Ten Memorable Things to Do in Charleston, South Carolina
1. Renting a beachside house in Charleston can provide a warm and relaxing atmosphere for a week vacation for families during the spring. Hampton houses are artfully designed and strategically located to provide beautiful views are reminiscent of some of the South Carolina’s most charming architecture and structures.
2. Historic forts are abundant in Charleston and families can enjoy an educational tour through many of the famous Civil war fortresses that are standing and prominent as a thoughtful and reflective reminder of the city’s history.
3. Kids and adults alike will be thrilled with the South Carolina Aquarium. Featuring amazing and beautiful aquatic life in a vast variety of forms, this aquarium is something that many people visit over and over.
4. Boone Hall Plantation is a beautiful and historic plantation that offers carriage tours of the grounds which are fully operational and consistently maintained to preserve the authenticity of historical Southern plantations. This is a must-visit during a spring vacation to Charleston when all the flowers and wild plants are in full bloom!
5. Gibbes Museum of Art is an ideal place for families to tour to take in masterpieces completed by both local legends and internationally-acclaimed artists. Sculptures, oil paintings, watercolors, sketching, and more are uniquely and beautifully-displayed in this intriguing art museum in the heart of Charleston.
6. Charleston offers a variety of beach resorts that provide relaxing accommodations and sophisticated entertainment. From state-of-the-art spa services to fine dining and entertainment provided by professional bands, beach resort stays in Charleston can be the perfect way to complete a week’s vacation to the city.
Photo by flickr user donwest48
7. Taking a restaurant tour in Charleston will give foodies a wonderful opportunity to sample baked delicacies, premium seafood samplers, juicy steaks, and classic entrees that have a Southern twist. Mediterranean restaurants offer a flair for people who crave something out of the ordinary.
8. Sailing over the scenic coast of South Carolina or along one of the pristine lakes that is barely a stone’s throw from the city provides vacationers with a relaxing and fun-filled way to enjoy the area during the spring.
9. Charleston offers water parks that have waterfalls, water slides, and separate pools for children and adults. Families with people of all ages will enjoy the thrill of these waterparks.
WWW.Charleston.com is a helpful website that is filled with a wealth of information about tourist attraction, city data, and things to do and see in Charleston.